MBOS allows registered members access to their pension and, if applicable, health benefit account information. To use MBOS you must be registered with both MBOS and the myNewJersey website.
Go to https://www.nj.gov/treasury/pensions/mbos-register.shtml to register if you never have in the past. Choose the box for retirees: Welcome to the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS) then Step One — Set Up Your MBOS Account
Complete all of the information requested on the MBOS “Member Registration” page.
- You will need both your Social Security number and your pension Member ID Number or Retirement Number.
- Your pension Member ID can be obtained from your employer or by contacting the NJDPB’s Office of Client Services.
- Your Retirement Number is printed on the Retirement Statement of Allowances and Deductions or can be obtained by contacting the NJDPB’s Office of Client Services. If you registered for MBOS as an active member, do not register again – you can continue to use your Login ID and password from your active account.
- When all of the information has been entered click the “Continue” button.
- Note: At this point, MBOS checks to see if you have already registered. If it finds that you are a registered MBOS user, it will automatically take you to the myNewJersey Log In page. If the Log In Page opens, follow the MBOS Log In instructions for registered users.
- The myNewJersey Account Page will open.
- If you already have a myNewJersey account, select “Yes” on the myNewJersey Account Page and then follow the directions.
- If you do not have a myNewJersey account, you need to create one. Select “No” on the myNewJersey Account Page and then follow the directions.
Step Two — Sign-On To, Or Create, Your myNewJersey Account
- Note: Forgotten Login IDs and Passwords are the most common problem members have when using MBOS. Be sure that you can remember your Login ID and Password for future use.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and chosen from at least two of these groups: lowercase letters, uppercase letters, digits, and other characters (except space, quotes and \).
FOR COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS: Go to:
FOR THE MBOS USERS KIT: GO to: https://www.nj.gov/treasury/pensions/mbos-kit.shtml
If you need help, call the MBOS Help Line at: (609) 292-7524.